Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Days



“Are we almost there yet?” I asked getting annoyed at how long we’ve been in the car.
“We just got in the car.”

“No we didn’t.”

“I think we did.” Safaree said sarcastically. “The house is just down the street. Chill out.”

“You know I hate when you tell me that.”

“So chill out.”

“How can I chill out, Safaree?” I stared at the side of his face as he continued driving. “I’m about to go see a set up for MY clothing line. MY CLOTHING LINE! Can you believe it?” I looked at a smile grow on his face which made my smile grow even more.

“Crazy.”

“I’m just so excited…nervous.”

“Nervous?”

“Well, yeah. I want it to be perfect.”

“It will be. You stress too much.”

“Someone has to be the stressful, responsible one around here.” I pulled my phone out of my purse. Hmmmm. I wonder what my barbz are up to.

“I’m glad I’m a man.”

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“Women are like... I don’t know. Y’all crazy.”

I looked over at him before rolling my eyes. I scrolled over my timeline. My barbz are a mess.

“They find anything we do together cute.”

“Huh?” SB said. I felt him look over at me before turning his attention back on the road. Yes, please don’t be driving reckless with me in the car. 

“The barbz. Onikafaree and Dricki are at it again.”

“They always at it.”

“Mhmmm.” I scrolled my through my timeline trying to figure out how they always got on this topic. Always. My nosy little barbz, they want to know about my relationship life so bad.

“Why they talkin bout that?”

“Do they ever need a reason?” I continued scrolling through my timeline trying to figure out why. “Oh the barbz are watching the Re-Up DVD again.”

“They done seen it a billion times.”

“They’ll never let it go until I stop hiding it from them.” I said as I closed the app and tossed my phone back in my purse. I dug through my purse. “Where’s my…” I cut myself off when I found my pack of gum. “You want a piece?” I pulled the gum out of my purse and opened it. I grabbed a stick out of the wrapper and chewed it. “Do you want a piece?” I stared over at SB who was zoned out. “SB!”

“You know what I was just thinking about?”

“Oh..” I said dramatically and dropped my hand down tossing the gum back into my purse. “I don’t but I’m sure you’re going to tell me.”

“Haha! You know those big swings that people can get put in their house?”

“What about them?”

“I’ma get one in my room and hang it from the ceiling. Boss.”

“No you’re not.”

“Why not? You know how boss that would be? Chillin’ in the ceiling.”

“You would look so stupid.”

“Aight. Don’t be trying to sit in it either.”

“Trust me, I won’t.”

“You be hatin’.”

“Boy, please.” I saw that we were pulling into the back parking lot and got excited. “Finally!” I took off my seatbelt and grabbed my purse putting it on my shoulder.  “Really?” I snarled my lip and grabbed my phone out of my purse.

“Hellooooooo.” I said in a British accent. I felt the car come to a stop and opened the door.

“Where you at?”

“Out.” I said as I climbed out of the car. “Are you guys in LA?”

“Yeah, we’re here.” Viola said.

“After this meeting I’ll be there.” I used my free hand to push my purse up on my shoulder more before 
grabbed at SB’s wrist.

“When is that?”

“I don’t know. I’ll just call you guys.”

“Alright.”

“Bye.”  I hung up the phone and placed it in SB’s pocket.

“Who was that?” SB said.

“Viola.”

“Great.” He said sarcastically. I laughed. He still doesn’t trust her. Give her a chance.

“Stop.”

“Just her?”

“Her and Candi.”

I looked up to see Manny standing at the back entrance.

“We on time today!”

“Shut up.” I said as I released SB’s wrist. Manny shook his head and turned around opening the door. I followed behind him as SB followed in behind me.

“You ready?” I looked up and over at SB who was now next to me.

“Let’s do it.”

“The displays are already set up. You’re going to meet the daughter of the founder first. She wanted to speak with you. Then the boy who made the displays…what’s his name?” Manny said.

“Justin.”

“Yeah. He’ll come out and show you the displays and explain his idea behind each one of them. Then as soon as you pick which one they’ll get started on the real one.”
We walked down this long hallway before we made it into the actual store. As soon as we walked in a lady approached us.

“Hi, I’m Christina Kresge.” The lady said with a smile. She extended her hand out for a shake.

“Hi, I’m Nic-“

“Oh, I know who you are.”

I laughed.

“This is my manager Manny.”

I said as I pointed a finger in his direction. They shook hands.

“And this is Safaree.”  I said pointing my finger in his direction to the right of me.

“If you guys will follow me right this way we’ll get started.”

I nodded and we all fell in place behind her. Walking over to the sets I could kind of see a little bit of them and my excitement kept rising. Unknowingly I grabbed SB’s wrist and squeezed tightly trying not to squeal. He looked down at me with his eyes bucked and I smiled. We walked farther down to the left of the back of the building that clothes racks cover up the displays. Walking closer just then Justin came into sight. I let go of SB’s wrist and extended my arms out to him.

“Hi babe.”

“Hi Nicki.” He said as he entered my hug.

“Don’t be nervous, babe.” I said. I could tell that he was by this half ass hug he was giving me.

“So you guys know each other?” Christina asked as we released each other.

“Yes, this is one of my favorite ken barbz. He never told me he interned to be a designer. He’s always keeping secrets from me now.”

“So if you don’t like it you’ll have no problem telling him?” Christina said with a laugh.

“He knows.” I said pointing a finger in his face. “He knows me, and he knows that if I like it I’ll tell him. And if I don’t…” I cut my eyes at him and he smiled nervously causing me to laugh. “No, I have faith in him.”

“Without any more of a hold up, do you want to show us what you have?” Christina asked him.

“Yes.” He said nervously and smiled. He turned his back toward us and walked over to the first set of clothes racks that were blocking the view of the display and moved them out of the way. My eyes lit up and I gasped.

“So, this first one is in the form of a Barbie make-up powder room.”

“I love it.” I said as I looked at the display. The shade of pink that used really popped out.

“You haven’t seen them all yet.” SB said.

“The clothes will be on both sides of this middle set up. They’ll actually be all around. Depending on where your set up will be is how you can determine this back piece here.” He stepped forward and we all stepped forward. He walked to the back of the display and stood next to the make-up table. “We can completely get rid of this if it’s too much.” He stepped up behind a black lounge chair with pink studs. “You said you’re going to have sweat suits as well, right?”

“Yeah.”

“So these two chairs here.” He walked around the chairs and stood in the middle of them that we both in front of the makeup table and placed on each side. “The hoodies can be folded neatly in one chair and the bottoms in the other. Now the make-up table is for the accessories that you’re going to have with it. I know you said bracelets and necklaces and little things like that. There is going to be things on here to hold them up.”

He said reading my mind and I smiled.

“The rug can be changed too.”

I looked down at the pink fluffy rug that had the title for the clothing line in black airbrushed looking letters.

“No, keep this rug. I love it. I have a question though.”

“Yes?”

“For this, here.” I stepped up and made my way beside the make-up table. “Can we get this in black with pink studs to match the chairs instead of this plain white?”

“Of course.”

“So, you want the official colors to be pink and black?” I looked over at Manny when he asked that.

“Yes. Because it’s going to be kind of you know…unisex. So the sweats and stuff will be for both the girls and the guys and I think those two colors will work perfectly. This whole set up is perfect, I love it. I pick this one.”

“You haven’t seen them all yet.” Justin said.

“Justin, trust me. This is the picture that’s been in my head for the display. You have the set up absolutely perfect, the colors are beautifuuuuul together. This is the one.” I nodded my head and smiled.

“Do you wanna see the other ones?”

“No. I want this one, okay? This one. The only thing I need you to change is this.” I said as I tapped the makeup table.

“So black with pink studs just like the chair?”

“Just like the chair.”

“Is that it?”

“That’s it. This is perfect. Come here.” I walked over to Justin as squeezed him into a hug. “You did an amazing job, babe.”

***
“What’s it look like?”

“I’m not telling you guys.”

“Do we look like one of your fans or something? Keeping secrets from us…”

“You guys can see the display when my barbz see it.”

Viola rolled her eyes.

“How come I don’t hear any shooting?” Candi asked.

“SB’s gone. He dropped me off and went somewhere with the Vaks. I didn’t even know they were here.”

“They only come down here for the strip clubs.”

“Is that where they went?”

“Probably.”

“How do you let him go to the strip club like that?” Viola said.

“Like what.” Candi said with an attitude. Oh, here they go.
 
“Isn’t that like you’re allowing him to cheat?”

“Not really.” Candi said speaking up for me. I laughed. I see why SB still has a problem with her.

“He’s a grown ass man, he can do what he wants.” I said shrugging.

“Couldn’t be me.” Viola said.

“Well it’s a good thing you don’t have a man.” Candi said causing me to nearly fall out of this chair laughing.

“You know what.” I said between laughs. I couldn’t even.

“Funny.” Viola said in a serious tone causing me to laugh even more. Whew. I cannot.

“Anyways.” Candi said. I picked up my phone in my lap and composed a new text while Candi was talking.

Don’t  drink. Your throat.

“Have you been keeping up with the shows like I told you to?”

“I caught up on Real Housewives. Not Love & Hip Hop. Here, see if it’s on.” I tossed the remote at her and looked down at my phone.

Thanks Mom.

You’re welcome, Daddy ;)

I looked up from my phone and Viola made a noise.

“Oooooh. Why you smiling over there?”

“Mind yours, bew bew.” I said in a ratchet voice.

“Ooo, it’s on.” Candi said and I looked over at the TV.

“So what happened the last episode?”

“You and Safaree got into it.”

“Huh?” Me and Candi said at the same time.

“Erica and Rich is you and SB.”

“No.” Candi said.

“Why do you say that?”

“The arguing over stupid stuff. That’s y’all.”

I stared at her for a moment and nodded my head. “Ooooooohhhhh kay.” I looked down at my phone.

Don’t miss me too much…

I won’t ;) Viola’s bashing you.

“So this season is New York or is it Atlanta again?”

“New York.”

“Has my name been mentioned on this one?”

“Not yet.” Candi said with a laugh.

“Shock.” I said before my phone buzzed again.

Tell Piggy to shut up.

I choked on my laugh trying to keep it quiet.  He’s so mean when it comes to her.

Bye. You better be next to me when I wake up. Love you.

I will. Love you..

10 comments:

  1. Aww, her lil display sounds like its cute. I don't blame Safaree for not looking Viola, she seems corny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! It's so realistic. You're a really great writer. Post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeed this! crying at “Well it’s a good thing you don’t have a man.” I love Candi. Lmfao. I can see why Safaree doesn't like Viola, she's mad fucking nosy. Lmaoooo at their lil text convo, they cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmfao. I can totally see SB picking on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao I'm not about to play with Candi. She don't care what she say. That's my girl tho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahahaaaa. I love this. Candi makes me howl. As for viola.. pls. Their texts were too cute also. You're so fab Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I was peeing myself laughing at this chapter! It was sweet and also trueeeee! Post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED this ! It was amazing ! Crying at her being soo gyat damn impatient :/ i swear i love Candi tho. Viola....ehh. The way she was smiling when she was texting Safaree and got caught >>>>>>>too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mad late but I lovvvvveeeddd this AL :))) I'm crying @ "miss piggy" cryyy cry the shade & their text Convo cute. Aww.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's up with viola? She need to stand down for real!

    ReplyDelete